Monday, November 23, 2015

Searching for a decent primed 1x4

I thought it'd be no problem to find a primed 3/4" (actual thickness) in the Denver area, but perhaps not. Home Depot has them stocked and the first few I looked at were good but then most looked like they had been run over by a truck. I called several lumber yards and either they don't carry them, or they don't delivery, or they are about twice the cost. Sounds like I'm going to just pick them up a few at a time from Home Depot and hope they get more undamaged boards in over time.

Update: I couldn't find more than 5 decent boards at Home Depot. The primer is so thick on these boards it seems to get chipped easily. And I'm sure the get manhandled throughout the day. It's just not worth my time to drive to every home depot/lowes in the Denver area and handpicking the boards that aren't completely wrecked.

No comments:

Post a Comment